Artists covered by our bands include:
Sam & Dave
The Rolling Stones
The Doobie Brothers
Sly And The Family Stone
The Ohio Players
Kings Of Leon
& Many Others...
Have A Great Event!
Full terms and conditions will be posted in the near future, nothing scary, just practical stuff to
make sure there are no unexpected surprises for all concerned. In the meantime, here is a short version of
fee information and basic artist requirements to help you plan your event.
We understand that no two events or venues are the same and will work with you to accommodate
the circumstances of your event/venue to achieve the best situation possible for both you and the artist.
If you have any questions regarding the booking of any of our live
music acts, please feel free to contact us with your name, number and e-mail
Fee Information (short version)
The fees shown are the base price for the artist and include:
Factors that will affect the final cost include:
- Two sets of up to an hour each or one set of up to an hour and a half
- Travel to the venue up to one hour or 35 miles each way
- Arrival up to one and a half hours before first set
- Departure up to one hour after the last set
- Up to half an hour gap between sets
(The above equates to up to five hours on site before midnight before incurring extra costs)
- The band's standard PA and lights which are good for rooms/marquees up to around 250 people
(Larger PA systems and lighting rigs can be arranged at additional cost if required, please contact us to discuss)
- Additional band members over the basic line-up
- Arrival and set up more than an hour and a half before the first set
- Departure more than one hour after the last set is finished
- Departure after midnight
- Distance or travel time to venue
- More than two sets or two hours playing time required
- Longer than half an hour gap between sets
- Parking costs
- Formal wear hire (black-tie etc.)
(Circumstances that require the artist to be on site for more than five hours
will normally incur additional costs)
Please note: Prices shown are subject to change without notice E&OE. Please
comfirm the cost and availability of a band before making plans based on the information on this site.
Payment (short version)
A 20% deposit is required to confirm the booking which is payable to TheFunctionBand.com.
The balance is payable directly to the artist by arrangement with them. Many artists request
payment on the day in cash (as this is the easiest way to split the fee between the
members), prior to their performance.
Artist Requirements (short version)
The following is a basic list of requirements to take into consideration when booking
a live music act for your event:
- Access to the performance area at least an hour (ideally an hour and a half) before the first set
- At least two 13 amp power sockets in the performance area
- Suitably sized clear performance area (i.e. minimum of 4m x 3m for a three/four piece band)
- Stable, dry ground covering for performances in marquees or outdoors
- Parking for unloading/loading within easy reach and access of the performance area
- Nearby parking for leaving vehicles during event
- Drinking water and light refreshments
- Changing & rest area